- To launch the competition season, we edited this teaser video to announce that DYCD was ready to accept submissions.
- DYCD sponsored the event and coordinated with all of the teams throughout.
- Gibney Dance coordinated an amazing panel of judges for the competition season and a group of advisors to work with the teams on choreography.
- Our team covered all of the production services related to the competition season which included a semifinals event featuring 20 teams selected from the initial submissions and a finale featuring the top 10 teams.
- Our team created a suite of custom animations for the events.
- We streamed both events using Streamyard, a great online event platform that allows you to push your live event directly to YouTube.
- For the semifinals event, we advised the teams on how to record their performances for the biggest impact.
- Once the top 10 teams were selected, we advised the teams on the best locations in their borough to perform their final pieces.
- Our crew of three then spent two hours on site with each team capturing their final performance for the judges to see.
- We filmed an introductory performance with Gibney’s amazing group of judges at Lincoln Center and the surrounding area.
- To put the final icing on the cake, we organized a conversation between Kadie Henderson, our competition host and Robert Hartwell, founder of the Broadway Collective
- After the finale, DYCD asked us to create this video announcing the winners for social media.
- The finale for Step it Up NYC streamed on Juneteenth 2021
- The teams involved each created a service project raising awareness about Black Lives Matter in their communities and we integrated video vignettes about their work into the final stream.
- The videos of the final performances were each filmed on location in one take with one camera.
- The judges provided expert commentary, advice and general awesomeness.
- We were thrilled in 2022 when this project was celebrated by the inaugural Anthem Awards – the social-good awards sponsored by the Webby’s – with a Gold Medal.
- The youth of NYC continue to inspire our team each and every day with their passion for making the world a better place.